together we can make a difference
Women Supporting Women- Find out how you can make a real impact on your community by empowering and supporting the women and children in the Lewis County area.
Who We Are
A vibrant group of women who bring passion, expertise and empowerment to improve the community we call home. We are bound together by the belief in each other, to United Way’s mission and to Lewis County.
What We Do
We are committed to positively impacting the lives of women and children living in poverty in Lewis County by encouraging self-sufficiency and empowerment.
You Can Make a Difference
Stay in the loop on projects and initiatives that make a real difference. Women United is an extension of United Way, our sole purpose is to provide support for women and children in the Lewis County area to empower, and help them succeed. There are opportunities small and large for you to make a real difference, give back to your community in an impactful way.
Committed to positively impacting the lives of women & children living in poverty in Lewis County by encouraging self-sufficiency and empowerment.
Join Us & Get Involved!
- You’ll be part of a community of like-minded women who contribute their personal passions, best ideas, and unique strengths to the mission of building a stronger community.
- Volunteer engagement opportunities that make a lasting impact on children and families in our community.
- Leadership opportunities through signature volunteer events and committees.
- Network and collaborate with key business and community leaders.
- Learn more about critical issues impacting our Lewis County.
- Mentoring opportunities with new Women United members and women receiving services through our partner agencies.
- No membership fees! We welcome involvement and we don’t want to limit participation. Donating time, lending expertise, donating financially and creating partnerships are all wonderful ways to contribute.
As a member you will build strong bonds with peers in the community, deepen your knowledge of community issues, and support women and children in crisis by sharing your wisdom, service, and generosity.
As Women United, our mission is to positively impact the lives of women and children living in poverty in Lewis County by encouraging self-sufficiency and empowerment. Women United gathers local women who seek to understand the issues facing our community and then roll up their sleeves to help. We operate as an affinity group of United Way of Lewis County and as such, we work within its mission to lift 30% of Lewis County families out of poverty by 2030.
Women United affinity groups exist across the nation with over 75,000 women involved in their local communities serving as an extension of their United Way organizations. We are all committed to the success of our community, where we live, work and raise our families. From Youth United to Retire United and Women United, affinity groups gather passionate and dedicated volunteers who form strong professional networks, working in the community accomplishing goals to create positive change in targeted segments of the community.
What We're Working On
Our dedicated steering committee is busy meeting every two weeks to finalize our projects and programs for 2020. As a brand new afinity group, they are busy building a strong foundation of policies and guidelines that will guide us as we begin our first year of work in 2020!